- Big Brother 16 was first time there was a 2 night premiere on Wednesday, June 25th and Thursday, June 26th.
- There is a permanent port-a-potty in the backyard for the first time in Big Brother.
- First fight of the season was between Zach and Paola on July 7th
- Big Brother has given the HG Activity Tracker bracelets for the first time in history on July 9th
- Big Brother announced to the house "This is a warning. It is against the rules of the Big Brother competition to discuss your votes" This is the first time this announcement has ever been made in Big Brother history on July 12th
- Hayden and Nicole had the first kiss of the season in Week 4 on July 21st
- Frankie's Grandfather passed away and he chose to stay in the Big Brother House on July 23rd
- Brittany's children greeted her on stage during her eviction. We haven't had anyone on stage for a Houseguest eviction since Big Brother 7 when Colonel Sanders met Chicken George with some chicken
- Derrick's Grandfather passed away and he chose to stay in the Big Brother House on July 25th
- There was a replacement nominee every week for the first 5 weeks of Big Brother 16
- Nominations were decided by Skittles candy, instead of Derrick and Frankie, the HoH during Week 8 on August 14th
- The smaller table arrived for the remaining 8 Houseguests in Week 8 on August 16th
- Nicole won the Returning Juror comp and came back in the game in Week 10 on August 21st
- A flash of Caleb typing his HoH blog. We've never seen the HoH typing their blog on the Live Feeds in Week 10
- The Big Brother Rewind Twist was introduced in Week 11 on September 4th
- Jeff proposed to Jordan in the Big Brother Backyard on September 6th
- The POV Ceremony was on Sunday instead of Monday during Week 11 and shown on the Live Feeds on September 7th
- The Houseguests had a pet for the day when Izzy the dog arrived in Week 11
- The first and only Luxury competition came in Week 12
Week 12:- Jurors return and trash the house while competing in a Luxury Competition
- Derrick gets 5,000 hollas for the remainder of the season
- Cody wears a Dinosaur costume
- Caleb had to shave his head
- Caleb on slop for 2 weeks
- Victoria on slop for 2 weeks
- Caleb has to wear an Adam costume
- Victoria has to wear an Eve costume
- Caleb and Victoria are tied together 48 hrs
All from the Domino Effect BOB competition
- JoCasta has to eat slop for one week from the Veto Express POV competition
- Nicole has to wear a Germatard costume for one week from the BB Cup POV competition
- Cody got his ass kicked for 24 hrs from the BB Cup POV competition
- Brittany has to kick 2,400 goals in 24 hrs from the BB Cup POV competition
- Nicole had to wear a Frog costume for one week from the Abraca-BOB-ra BOB Competition
Big Brother 16 Prizes
- Victoria gets $5,000 for Hayden winning the Juror Luxury Competition
- Derrick gets $5,000 in Sloppy the Snowman HoH Comp
- Cody won POV and got to select 2 other Houseguests to view the new CBS show Scorpion. He selected Donny and Nicole.
- Frankie, Caleb, Christine won a trip to the Dallas Cowboys practice game during the Thursday Night Football BOB Competition
- Zach won a trip to Germany during the BB Cup POV Competition
Team America Members were chosen by America. The first Member of the team was Joey. However, she was evicted Week 1.
She was replaced with Donny and then Derrick and Frankie were added to the Team.
Each week they were given Missions by America to complete. If they were successful, each would receive $5,000.
Team America ended in Week 12. Below is a summary of their missions:
Spread a rumor that a current Houseguest is related to a previous Houseguest.
They began the rumor that Zach was Amanda Zuckerman's cousin.
Try and get someone that's a physical threat nominated.
They decided that Amber was a physical threat and she was nominated.
Get 2 HG to argue during the Nomination or POV Ceremony or have one rant for 20 seconds.
They encouraged Zach to do the deed for them. Although he gave a "rant" during the nomination ceremony, it was not long enough. They then encouraged him to target Amber with a rant during the POV ceremony. He did and since it was longer than 20 seconds, they won the Mission.
There was a lot of controversy surrounding this Mission. Fans were outraged that Amber was verbally targeted for this Mission.
Team America said they passed the Mission. However, Big Brother showed the TV audience they didn't. I included this as a Mission completed in their total earnings.
Vote against the majority of the house and publicly accuse 2 other Houseguests for the vote.
Donny felt publicly accusing someone of the vote was out of character for him. He felt it would look too suspicious and effect his long term game. He declined to do the Mission.
Work together to convince someone to go On the Block as a pawn and then get them evicted.
Hide a favorite piece of clothing from each Houseguest. Then get 3 Houseguests to participate in a Watch group for 24 hours.
Make up their own mission. Although Donny wanted the Mission to involving saving him from the block or from eviction, they did a Big Brother Broadway Play instead.
America voted on whether they passed or failed the Mission. The results were given to Team America, in code, during the Live Eviction show.
Mission Overwhelmingly Failed
Keep the Houseguests up all night looking for a rodent.
Frankie and Derrick pretended to see a mouse and keep the Houseguests up until 6am looking for it.
Derrick and Frankie each earned $25,000 each and Donny earned: $20,000
Derrick and Victoria competed in Part 2 of the Final HoH.
Derrick won. Or according to him,"smoked it".
Victoria took 30 minutes to complete the competition, but was correct on her first try.
The competition required them to put the eviction night nominees in order, while scaling a wall. If they dropped one of the Houseguest plaques, they would incur a 60 second time penalty.
They did not compete side by side, but instead one at a time. Therefore, neither knew how the other did until the time reveal.
Congratulations to Cody and Derrick who will now compete in the Final HoH. The winner of the final round will decide who will join them to face the Jury as the Final 2.
Derrick and Cody both say they are taking each other. I had my doubts, but it does appear sincere.
And it's now official - Victoria has never won an individual competition. And yes, I know she got the Veto, but she did not win the competition - Caleb did.
I was reviewing my preseason notes the other day and under Derrick's I wrote"he is non-threatening and will stay under the radar. I really like him and hope he aligns with Cody". Funny how things can change in the course of 13 weeks. And as they say... careful what you wish for.
In week 13, we finally get an endurance competition to watch on the Live Feeds.
The Houseguests were standing on a small platform while holding a bar directly in front of them, attached to a hang glider. The wall would tilt forward and then back, making their reach farther. And what would an endurance competition be without a little water? Let it Rain. Let it Rain. Let it Rain.
We don't know the exact time the competition began, but I would estimate Victoria lasted 30 minutes.
As soon as she dropped, Derrick told Cody he would hang for "a couple and then jump off". And 15 minutes later, Derrick stepped off, making Cody the winner for Part 1.
And with that, the Endurance Competition was about as exciting, as this season has been.
The Live Feeds were blacked out for the Final 5 eviction; HoH; Nominations and POV. However, there was a 5 minute feed leak and we saw Derrick won the HoH.
When the feeds returned after the West Coast airing tonight, we saw Cody had his key in the Memory Wall which meant Derrick nominated Victoria and Caleb.
We also learned Cody won the POV and he will have the sole vote on who to evict tomorrow night during the Live Eviction episode. This will take them to the Final 3 and the beginning of the 3 part Final HoH competition will begin.
Cody confirms he plans to evict Caleb and he and Derrick will drag take Victoria to the Final 3.
The 3 Part Final HoH Competitions
All 3 Houseguests will compete. The Winner will advance to Part 3.
The competition is traditionally endurance and shown on the Live Feeds.
The 2 that lost Part 1 go head to head in traditionally a physically competition.
The Winner will advance to Part 3.
The Winners of Part 1 and Part 2 face off in a live Q and A competition.
The competition is generally about the Jury Members.
Example: Did Donny say he'd rather (A) Be Loved by America and Lose or (B) Be Hated by America and Win.
The Winner of Part 3 then decides who is evicted, leaving the Final 2 Houseguests.